Our Lead Partner
Community League of the Heights (CLOTH) is a multi-service, community-based organization dedicated to supporting and empowering the residents of Washington Heights. Our mission is to provide the knowledge, resources, and opportunities our residents need to empower themselves and their community.
CLOTH’s holistic approach to community development provides a comprehensive framework of economic and social services to stabilize and strengthen family and community life. Throughout its 60-year history, CLOTH has been dedicated to finding solutions to the problems of poverty and disinvestment that confront our neighborhood.
CLOTH PROGRAMS @ CHAH:
• CLOTH-DYCD After School Programming for 6th-8th Grades
For more information, please contact Program Director Oyinda Jemilawon @ firstname.lastname@example.org OR 212.342.6600 x8805
• CLOTH-DYCD Freshmen Leadership Program for 9th Grade
• Free Zumba and Yoga classes
• Free English as a Second Language Classes
• Coming soon: Adult Basic Education Classes
• City Harvest Healthy Cooking Class for Families
• Corbin Hill Farms Produce Share (http://corbinhillfoodproject.org/new-farm-share/)
• Health, financial management, and parenting workshops
For more information, please contact Resource Coordinator Erin Verrier @ email@example.com OR 212.342.6600 x8806
OTHER CLOTH RESOURCES:
Heiskell Technology Center
• Computer Training, ESL Instruction, Home Health-Aide Training, Job Search Assistance, Open “Lab” Hours from 3-5pm
CLOTH After School Program at PS4
For more information, please contact Program Director JonPaul Dyson @ firstname.lastname@example.org OR 212.795.4779
• CLOTH is a recognized Emergency Food Provider.
• When: Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9am - 11am
• Where: 508 West 159th Street
Asthma and Diabetes Case Management through WIN for Health and NYPH:
• For children with asthma and adults with type-II diabetes
• Bilingual Community Health Workers serve as the single point of contact for families who require comprehensive asthma and diabetes education, support, and service referrals for housing, immigration, and mental health.
For more information, please call 212.795.4779 or contact Maritza Guillermo @ email@example.com OR Melfi Mena @ firstname.lastname@example.org
• CLOTH rehabilitates, preserves, and develops the affordable housing stock of southern Washington Heights for low-income families. Over the past 20 years, CLOTH’s housing program has developed over 1,000 units of affordable housing. CLOTH currently manages 31 properties and 375 units of affordable housing, with 5 more properties in development or pre-construction. All properties are leased through the New York City Affordable Housing Lottery.
For more information, please call CLOTH at 212-795-4779